Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 August 2013

Go Team Katy...

Well this was the sight that brought a lump to my throat...seeing the team arrive in Preston on their long journey from Johnny Groats to Lands End...Eveyone was so proud...and best of all well over £40.000 was raised...I'll post a final figure soon...Well no sign of a Bentlee or a Rolls Royce for me.....I arrived in Bev style in the back of a Ford Transit...
I was like Mrs Overall all day wiv a crick in me neck bent over after me ride....but I was just grateful to get there in one piece...first stop was at Paula Holmes crib for a nice cuppa and a catch up....then the cavalree arrived...Here's the lovely Paula, Charley and Scarlett Holmes all ready to leave to support the riders...
We hadn't been on the road long and I sniffed out a uniform...I was over like a shot...great bunch of guys...good job they didn't hit the sirens....
Next stop was the cricket club to welcome the riders...quick stop off for some refreshments and cuddles with family and friends...here's me with the lovely Dave Holmes, Katy's dad and Charley Holmes, Katy's sister...doesn't he look well....so proud of Dave...
Then Dave had the difficult task of introducing Jeff Banks to the Bevlar....I think he was a little confused as most people are...I could hear him think 'I'm sure that's Katherine Jenkins'....easy mistake hey....
I parked up me scooter to get some hard earned refreshments and asked me little helper Charley to keep an eye on me wheels....Oh butter wouldn't melt 'of course aunty Bev...'few minits later there she is givin rides around the car park.....
I tried to chase her on horseback...struggled a bit to get on top....*steady on* but soon did it...
There was no way I could catch up with her...until.....me battery drained....I was devvo'd....how could I complete my challinge....you know team Katy.....as Peter Kay would say 'Always thinking'.....enter Katy's Huskie Huddle....and that was the perfect end to a perfect day....remember you can help support Katy Holmes Trust....just click on the link below to the website....every little helps....together we WILL make a difference to brain tumour research...
Let's not forget the reason we were there that day, to help keep Katy's memory alive...we all gathered at Katy's park close to her home...this is on Katy's bench...all the children clubbed together to have the bench put in Katy's memory...
Thank you again to all who supported both me and the team...always appreciated...take a minute to check out the Katy Holmes Trust website...
Bev
XXXX
 



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment